Virginia Premier Members
Gas Reimbursement Program
When you need to get there… Sometimes a friend can help. The Gas Reimbursement Program allows friends or family to transport our members to and from appointments. For their service, the driver will be reimbursed for their gas expense. *Certain rules apply.
To learn more about our Gas Reimbursement Program, please call us at:
Virginia Premier: 1.855.880.3480 (TTY: 711)
BENEFITS TO YOU…
When you need to schedule an appointment, follow these 3 easy steps.
Call Customer Service three days
ahead and request approval for
gas reimbursement. They will
walk you through the process.
Get your Medical Provider
to sign and confirm that
you attended your
Send in your gas
reimbursement form to our
Claims Department and your
driver will receive their check
in the mail.
What is Non Emergency Transportation (NEMT)?
How do I apply for Non-Emergency Transportation?
How is transportation determined?
- Atlanta Region Counties: Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett
- North Region Counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Dade, Dawson, Douglas, Fannin, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Jackson, Lumpkin, Morgan, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walker, Walton, White, Whitfield
Does Verida provide private transportation to appointments?
Are there limits to how far I can travel to and from a medical appointment?
Am I allowed to bring shopping bags on the vehicle?
Are members allowed to take a friend or family member to appointments?
When scheduling transportation, how much advanced notice is required?
Are members allowed to schedule transportation to and from non-medical appointments?
What type of information is required to schedule transportation to an appointment?
- Member’s full name, phone number, address, date of birth and county of residence
- Member’s Medicaid number as it appears on their Georgia Medicaid card or Member’s social security number & date of birth
- Specify any special needs (i.e. oxygen, escort, over-sized wheelchair, etc.) when you schedule the appointment
- An emergency contact’s name and phone number
- Destination information – address, phone number, doctor’s name, type of appointment, and name of the medical facility that you are being transported to
- Member’s mobility status (walking, wheelchair, stretcher)
- Member’s room number (for stretcher only)