Verida values our partnership with the medical community to assure Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) is provided to members who require transportation assistance and understands our role as the critical link to covered healthcare services.
INFO AT A GLANCE
Important information at your fingertips
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am – 5:00 CST, M-F
(Closed on State Holidays)
Click here to download the
NEMT Rider’s Guide.
ARKANSAS SERVICE AREAS
Click here for a map of the current service areas for Arkansas.
Facility Outreach Manager
Making Transportation Arrangements
When scheduling transportation for members, please have the following information ready for the Customer Service Representative when you call:
- Medicaid member’s full name, phone number, address, date of birth and county of residence
- Member’s Medicaid number as it appears on their Medicaid card or member’s name and date of birth
- Specify any special needs (oxygen, escort) when you schedule the appointment
- An emergency contact’s name and phone number
- Destination information – address, phone number, doctor’s name, type of appointment, and name of the medical facility that you are being transported
- Member’s mobility status (walking, wheelchair)
If you need to schedule recurring trips, our Special Services Representatives are standing by to assist you. Please call: 1-855-223-1227
Where’s My Ride?
Call one of our toll-free Where’s My Ride lines (based on your region) if you have waited more than 15 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time. See all phone lines to left.
What is Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT)?
NEMT is a service that is provided to Arkansas Medicaid members who require transportation assistance to Medicaid-billable healthcare services and have no other means of transportation.
How does a member qualify for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation?
The member must be eligible for Medicaid services on the date of service and have no other means of transportation to their appointment.
How do I request a ride for a member?
- Verida Customer Service and Special Service Representatives can assist with obtaining transportation. Please use the telephone numbers listed on the Member Resources page.
Can I set up a trip on-line?
Yes, facilities can use the Facility Portal to schedule transportation online. Go to www.southeastrans.com/facilityportal to enroll.
What information is needed when I request transportation?
Please have the following information ready for the Customer Service Representative when you call.
– Medicaid member’s full name, phone number, address, date of birth, and COUNTY of residence
– Member’s Medicaid/ID number as it appears on the Medicaid/ID card.
If you are missing any of the information listed, you will be asked to call back with the complete information.
How do I request a Standing Order?
Requests for standing orders can be made by calling 1-855-223-1227 and speaking to a Special Services Representative.
How do I file a complaint?
To file a complaint regarding NEMT services, click the “File A Complaint” button on this page. There is also a separate button to “Submit A Compliment” to share non-complaint related feedback.
Where can I obtain forms?
Contact your Special Services Representative to provide you with the forms you need.
What is Non Emergency Transportation (NEMT)?
How do I apply for Non-Emergency Transportation?
How is transportation determined?
- Atlanta Region Counties: Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett
- North Region Counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Dade, Dawson, Douglas, Fannin, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Jackson, Lumpkin, Morgan, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walker, Walton, White, Whitfield
Does Verida provide private transportation to appointments?
Are there limits to how far I can travel to and from a medical appointment?
Am I allowed to bring shopping bags on the vehicle?
Are members allowed to take a friend or family member to appointments?
When scheduling transportation, how much advanced notice is required?
Are members allowed to schedule transportation to and from non-medical appointments?
What type of information is required to schedule transportation to an appointment?
- Member’s full name, phone number, address, date of birth and county of residence
- Member’s Medicaid number as it appears on their Georgia Medicaid card or Member’s social security number & date of birth
- Specify any special needs (i.e. oxygen, escort, over-sized wheelchair, etc.) when you schedule the appointment
- An emergency contact’s name and phone number
- Destination information – address, phone number, doctor’s name, type of appointment, and name of the medical facility that you are being transported to
- Member’s mobility status (walking, wheelchair, stretcher)
- Member’s room number (for stretcher only)